Try These 4 Ab Workouts at Home for a Strong Stomach
Going to the gym has been nearly impossible for the past year or so. It can be difficult to consistently get a good workout with fitness facilities opening and closing repeatedly. However, you can still hit your fitness goals and tone your abs with the right home workouts!
It doesn't matter where you live—anyone from anywhere can get a four or six-pack and strengthen their core! Whether you are an athlete or just want a firmer midsection, consistently doing these ab workouts at home will help you get a flatter stomach and ripped abs.
This simple exercise is easy to do, but it is effective. While it is specifically designed for your abs, the twist of your body can also help to tone your obliques.
The bicycle crunch is great because it targets the core and quickly tones the stomach. It works the entire core—that's your back, bottom, and abs—which helps to flatten your stomach.
- Lie on your back with your hands behind your head or to the side of your head.
- Bring each knee in towards your chest.
- Push your abs out and twist your upper body towards the inside of your legs until your elbow touches the floor.
- Return to the starting position.
This reverse crunch works your abdominal muscles similarly to the bicycle crunch, but it focuses on the lower part of your abs. While this exercise is performed the same way, there are a few differences. When you do a reverse crunch, instead of bringing your knees to your chest, you bring your shoulders to your knees.
The move also moves your spine in the opposite direction, and since it targets the lower part of your abs, it can help tone the lower half of your waist, which is usually the trouble spot for many people.
- Lie flat on your back.
- Bend your knees and ensure your feet are flat on the floor.
- Bend your arms and place them behind your head.
- Tighten your abs as you curl your torso and shoulders off the floor and towards your knees.
- Reverse the motion slowly and return to the starting position.
Side Hip Bridge
The side hip bridge is a simple exercise that targets your lower abs and obliques. It can seem awkward at first, but it is an effective exercise that works!
- Lie on one side with your legs straight and hip-distance apart.
- Place your top hand on your hip.
- Lift your top hip and leg until they hover a few inches off the floor.
- Hold for 10 seconds.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side.
Plank To Toe Touch
The plank is one of the most intense exercises you can do, but it is also one of the most effective. Not only does it work your abs, but it also helps to strengthen your back.
The plank is usually done on your elbows and knees, but this advanced variation is done on your hands and toes. This is a great exercise that can help improve your posture and tone your stomach!
- Start in a pushup position with your arms straight.
- Walk your hands out until they are shoulder-width apart and your body is in a straight line.
- Keep your core tight as you hold this position.
- Walk your right foot in towards your hands.
- Walk your right foot back to the starting position.
- Repeat with your other leg.
Getting toned abs is not far from reality! These four exercises are simple to do and can get you started on the path to a ripped stomach. As long as you do these ab workouts at home and practice a healthy lifestyle, reaching your dream six-pack is within your reach!
If you’re planning on doing ab workouts at home, you have to dress the part! At Sportspla.net, we offer a wide selection of men and women’s sportswear, allowing our customers to perform at the best of their abilities, whether at the gym or home. Browse our products today!